Commitment to Compliance
View the monthly monitoring data reports:
- February 2015 Monitoring Data
- January 2015 Monitoring Data
- December 2014 Monitoring Data
- November 2014 Monitoring Data
- October 2014 Monitoring Data
- September 2014 Monitoring Data
- August 2014 Monitoring Data
- July 2014 Monitoring Data
- June 2014 Monitoring Data
- May 2014 Monitoring Data
- April 2014 Monitoring Data
- March 2014 Monitoring Data
- February 2014 Monitoring Data
- January 2014 Monitoring Data
- December 2013 Monitoring Data
- November 2013 Monitoring Data
Ogeechee River Consent Order
- View the November 20, 2013 Ogeechee River Consent Order
- View the January 15, 2014 Order of Dismissal (Ogeechee-Canoochee Riverkeeper, Inc. v. King America Finishing, Inc.)
- View the January 15, 2014 Ogeechee River Consent Decree
As part of the Consent Decree, King America agreed to fund a series of “supplemental environmental projects” totaling $1 million. Georgia EPD selected the following three projects, which will provide direct benefit to the Ogeechee River:
- Upgrading the City of Millen’s wastewater treatment plant.
- Implementing third-party monitoring of King America’ wastewater discharge.
- Funding a research project to be conducted by Georgia Southern University. Check back for details on this project soon.
May 2011 Ogeechee River Fish Kill
- EPD’s statement that the Ogeechee River is safe for swimming, boating, and fishing.
- EPD’s statement that fish caught in the Ogeechee River are safe to eat.
- EPA’s June 3, 2011 report that explains that the fish died of a bacterial disease called Columnaris.
- Georgia’s Wildlife Resource Division report that describes the fish kill.
- EPD’s June 6, 2012 statement that the 2012 Fish Kill was not caused by King America.
Georgia Environmental Protection Division
View the EPD’s Ogeechee River White Paper
Frequently Asked Questons
View the Frequently Asked Questions